Original in several museums, this one at Galena

This is the second Blue Goose, constructed in 1927 after the original burned in Dec. 1926.  It was one of the first all steel derricks and Mills in the area.  The original was started in 1914, with the first production in 1915, and was probably the first mine in the Cardin area.  It was the first around Cardin for the Commerce Mining and Royalty Company, who had extensive mining going on in the Commerce area.